Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just Call Me Lonesome or You Send Me

So here's what's coming up for March and February for me music-wise: Because I have very little to work with right now and all I really want to do is leave, I'm going to make a definitive David R. Elliott country album with cuts spanning most stages of my songwriting, and will be recorded extrememly lo-fi with the shitty guitar that I originally wrote all these old country songs on. IE, the guitar of all the drunken kitchen sing-a-longs and No Show Jones, etc. Later in the month, I'm gonna start working on a Nebraska style rendition of Don't Panic, but this will not be the last word on Don't Panic, as I have huge aspirations for what that record could become, I just wanna have the basics down for when I can meet these aspirations. In the meantime, here is the tracklist for Just Call Me Lonesome:

1 Now I Got Those Cigarettes (unreleased, summer 07)
2 Don't Be Cruel (Elvis EP)
3 Gotcha Darlin (Tuesdays)
4 Broken Cigarette (Elvis EP)
5 A Brighter Day (rendition)
6 Aged to Imperfection (unreleased, summer 07)
7 Follow You Down (new)
8 Lovin You (unreleased, summer 07)
9 That's Gold (rendition)
10 Same Heart, New Winter (Blue & Grey)
11 Two-Timin Blues (No Show Jones, unreleased)
12 Sundown N Dawn (City is Dark b-side)
13 Blue Christmas (cover)

2 comments:

bun said...

same heart, new winter and no two, once?? fuck that.

David R. Elliott said...

Two, Once isn't really a country song. So...ya know, country album n all. Also eff off, the elvis ep is currently available in its entirety on rapidshare