Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's late right now, but that doesn't even really seem accurate in light of my current schedule. But no matter, any complaints I've had about the recent week or so are now officially whining, because starting tomorrow I work 7 days a week. But it's no biggie (like 2Pac), I'll work with the old man like 4 days a week, and cook at the Inn 4 days a week. I guess technically it's 3 and a half days at each place. But no matter, I have Friday nights and Saturday until 7pm to myself, and that shift will be mostly eating and smoking, and I'll be able to sleep in before my afternoon shift on Sunday. And I'll get to spend the next few weeks really learning and being creative with cooking, which will be good for when I need a job in Halifax. What I'm saying is that it is doable. The point is that at the end of the month, after the bills have already been caught up, I'll have full paychecks from two different jobs, and will have therefore cleared any debt so we can just peel at the end of April, and I'll also be able to purchase a guitar, which I am in dire need of at the moment. Therefore, it's as if this mature, well-thought out planning thing of late is wiping out every concern or criticism concerning the upcoming move, and swiftly at that. This just proves what Al Pal and I were discussing earlier tonight, and that is that the only thing that truly gives life meaning, is hard work and reward. Or more specifically, legitimate earning. But not in specifically monetary terms. I know I'm being rambly, but srsly, true value in life is in the things you make an intelligent decision on, decide how you're going to achieve it, and then work whatever amount is necessary until you've earned the reward. Get up n go to work. That's gold.

No comments: