Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's That About?

I cross the line, kick digits to your name.
Cross your burdensome arms over the heart on your sleeve.

And oh, I could bother you with endless refrains
cross out the metaphors and scribble your name
uncross those arms, quit lookin at me like I'm insane.
Brighten up, lighten up, what's that about?

Did you trip again and send them away?
poured it onto page after page
send my regards,
I've overstayed,
I realize,
I raise the stakes.

Just kids with blurry eyes that are wide for the change.
Barely content, fully wired for the pace.

At least she was honest when she told me to change,
wouldn't miss a beat, I think you know about my aim,
quit with the smiles, honey, you're wasting time.
Lighten up, lighten up, what's that about?

Do yourself a favor
and get yourself some change.

http://rapidshare.com/files/239435780/whatsthatabout2.mp3.html

No comments: