Wednesday, May 20, 2009

some 2007 shit

I wish this had not vanished into oblivion, with the Rain Dogs.

'You got winter in yer eyes,
it's so white that it hurts,
I was drinkin strong coffee,
you were still in that shirt,
I was waiting for you patiently,
like I was wishing for rain,
I was dressed in all green,
everyday is the same.

But still,
you ain't nothin but sun,
still,
you could shoot the shit with anyone,
still,
you were walkin with a small parade,
still sayin nothin,
we had nothin to say.'

or this,

'I got suspense,
if you suspend your belief,
I'll save you grief.
I save all your little shit.
I am too much with this.'

Yeh, I don't know, it just seems more profound than anything I've written lately. I guess Tuesdays were some pretty okay times for lyrics for me. I wish I could figure out what it is I've lost since then. Vigor?

No comments: