Monday, September 16, 2013

Fall is here, pass the beer.

Once again it's been an absurd amount of time since I last posted on this blog, but gee whiz I love that I can still come on here ever once in a while and find a little masturbatory portrait of some small slice of my life I've half-forgotten.  I'm home again and things are very different.  The folks are split, the weather is cold, and I am tired and drinkin too much.

For now I have the house to myself for a few days and enough terrible wine to do me.  And today I got a fresh pack of smokes so it can't be all bad now can it?

The Affordable Art tour is over, and it's hard to call it a success but it's impossible to call it a failure.  We came back with nothing, granted, but we sold a lot of cd's, met some great people and saw some places we hadn't seen.  Quebec was generally awesome and exciting and fun and it's hard to imagine now why I don't live there.  Beautiful women and hospitable french people abound, and people actual appreciate our craft, as opposed to everywhere else I've played where far too often you are treated like a fucking hobbyist.  Don't mean to be a negative nelly but if you're involved in the business I'm sure you've been reading articles about all the terrible mistakes venues are making these days.

Ontario fucked us completely, but we had a great time in Guelph, Belfountain and Peterborough.  Had some shows cancel on us so we didn't get to play a few towns that I wanted to visit.  Nonetheless, I'm glad we went, I'm glad we went camping in rural Kingston and got hammered by a weak fire and tried to climb a tree between texts to a woman that don't want me.

Trask churned out quite a few good tunes during the tour, and I clocked a few myself.  Car full of girl problems for two months probly isn't the healthiest thing, but it ended and we're safe and sound in the maritimes.  Did another few Precious Memories shows that were a great deal of fun, and whilst in Halifax I did some recording with Adam Mowery on that magic 4-track of his, got Garrett Mason and Marc Doucet to play on it.  Hoping to get Rheo and Hallett on that shit next week.

Gotta find some work for fuck sake, figure out a girl thing hopefully.  Right now I'm listening to old tapes and getting a lil tipsy.  Man I used to fucking suck at singing, I hope that's not still the case.

No comments: