Sunday, June 14, 2009

As Yet Untitled by As Yet Unnamed

So, I know some dawgs are wanting to hear what me and the boys have been doing so far, but we are still in the process of recording, so in the meantime, here are some lyrics for the song we are currently cutting:

You shoulda double-checked when you laid it,
stagnant starry-eyes, just glued to the pavement,
simple as the wind pushing you to arrangement,
steady as the pulse in the line of containment,

but who did you become?
the morning's sposed to make you new.

If the summer's gonna drown me,
crowd me, at least give me some peace of mind
If it sounds like someone crashing,
break it down, slow it down... and get in line.

You could've had the paint splayed flagrant,
sharp as a tac, sullen like a vagrant
simple, subtle news moving you til you change it,
stricken with pursuit, leaving you in amazement,

but where do you get off, actin like a victim,
the timing coulda been less rude.
and who did you become, waiting.
The midnight coulda been less blue.

Maybe it made me I'm sure I'll get over it,
and be easy, be easy.

...sink into the pavement.

No comments: