Saturday, April 28, 2007

Breakin' a cigarette, clenchin' my fist.

Well, it's been a little while since I've posted anything, but the fact that I was in Quebec is a pretty good excuse, I think.

Let's get updated then. I've written several new songs. I wrote a very Pete Doherty-esque ditty called Young and Tired, and then I wrote a song I like to think of as a cross between "You're no Good" and "In My Time of Dyin'" off of Bob Dylan's first album; it's called 'Two-Timin' Blues." A couple of minutes ago I write most of an untitled new song that owes everything to Ryan Adams and the Cardinals and their album, 'Jacksonville City Nights,' which is very high on my favourite albums of all time list.

I'm playing at Night Train on May 25th, and these songs will definitely be featured in my set list, along with some standards ('Now I Got Those Cigarettes,' 'I was There When it Happened,' etc.) so everyone should attend.

Quebec was fucking awesome.

No comments: