Monday, June 21, 2010

Okay, so I finished the Black Book and it's on the internet. Since then I've also re-recorded Blue & Grey with new arrangements. Recorded, produced and performed by this guy, DR. Ju plays bass and Dan played keys on Snake Eyes, but the rest of that shit is me. Anyway I'm pretty proud of it, it only took me a week, and I've been listening to it a fair amount, despite my feeling about the lyrics, which I'll say, lack the level of elegance I'd like to think has become my norm, lyric-wise. But I like the lead git parts a lot, and it really doesn't sound terrible for having done it myself in Audacity. Now I'm working on a Paul Anka cover album. So far I've done Puppy Love and Put Your Head on my Shoulder. Not sure what's next. I want to start writing something soon, maybe something darker. Gonna grow out my hair a little maybe. Have that tortured artist look for the summer. David R. Elliott & the Novella's played at Gus's and at the Capital and it was awesome both times. We're playing at the Frigate on Wednesday and this weekend is my two nights at the Kennedy House in St. Andrews. Having been the acoustic guy in a while, but maybe now I can do some Paul Anka, something off of Blue & Grey maybe, maybe some Autumn Rose, City is Dark, Breaking Hearts, Devotion in my Blood, Believing in Iron type shit. In other words, lots of stuff. Get back to being an acoustic performer for a few nights. Sounds good to this guy.

Cheers,
DavidR

No comments: