Friday, February 12, 2010

Hey blog, I haven't talked to you in a while. I guess things aren't the same between us as they used to be. But it should please you to know that my interest in you has been rekindled, at least temporarily, by my discovering that Cadence Weapon's old blog still exists. Isn't that awesome? Werd. So I'm reading about all this stuff that I love (ie, Birdman & Lil Wayne, Cam'Ron, Clipse, etc.) from 2004-05. So now I'm nostalgic about very recent Hip Hop history, not that I'm not enamoured with the current state of Hip Hop, but yo, Trill!!! I've been listening to Hell Hath No Fury regularly again anyway. I miss JJ like it isn't a thing, and I can't wait to go visit him this month. Stephen Hero has gone from being my rap name, to being my tag name, and finally to being the name of Dan and I's new Hip Hop project. I don't really know where this is going, but so far it sounds like hard-electro rap, with a bit too much of a backpack feel for me to be comfortable with (despite my 'disses' in that direction). A little bit laboured as well. It kinda reminds me of when I was in middle school furiously freestyling over Block Rockin Beats in my bedroom, which might be a good thing. Maybe it's just that I don't know anything about electronic music. Anyway this is a good thing I think, it focuses my creativity, at least temporarily, in the direction that feels most like home: Hip Hop. So maybe for the time being, I'll just revel in this childhood fantasy of mine and try like hell to get Manny Boii Spittin on a track.




No comments: