Sunday, June 1, 2008

'Don't Panic' is well underway and I'm beginning to understand it as a whole. Originally I wanted the concept to explore and express the development of an anxiety disorder, but fuck that, I'm gonna do what I know best instead. I'm gonna cover a standard, rip off an insanely poppy love song, evoke the nineties, act like I'm writing prose when I'm writing lyrics, explore what I think I can pull off and act like it isn't pretentious because it's ambitious, and explain my concept to as many people as possible in as elaborate a way as possible. I'd like this album to be a perfect follow-up to This Gun. I feel that I am conquering 90's and 50's pop on this album. I also feel that I am more and more abandoning rock for pop. I also find that I'm expirementing more with my limitations, and also percocets. This has been a wildly successful weekend. Also I'm doing this hilarious messaging about the production of my album with my producer (lol) Jamie F. Fun recordin tymes. (This is no discredit to Jamie F, I am pumped to work with him and I am insanely appreciative that he's taking it seriously as a project. It's awesome.)

editor's note: write while stoned less

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, now...

Just covering all the bases.