Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Incinerate


Man. Sonic Youth, dawg, fo realz. They're very dope, is what I'm saying. The guitar work on their albums (and I know this is redundant, I don't care) is so fucking immaculate. It just rocks right fucking hard and that's awesome. Speaking of rockingness and awesomeness, as two of our band members are leaving in the next week for Toronto, Arbeau, Cam, and I will be rocking our asses of as a three-piece--------------->

At this point all I can figure is that we'll be rocking as fuck, with a bunch of really poppy sidenotes, and a fantastic live show. Since I'll be playing guitar again, you can expect really simple and loud abrasive guitar work, with Cam's expertise on guitar bass and keys to put the whole thing into perspective for you. Goddamn he is awesome. BTW, this fucking poster thing is rad as fuck. I heart Andy Warhol dawg, fo real. Rather Ripped is really a pretty good album. Incinerate is a fantastic single, that's for sure, but this album doesn't even approach Daydream Nation, but I don't think anyone is enough of an asshole to expect that of them.

I have this renewed interest in rocking the fuck out lately, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I can't remember ever being in this phase before, it's kind of a new thing, since the last time I talked unironically about rocking was probably the tenth grade, but man, I love rocking. I've been real nostalgic for the TCS days lately, when it was all about rocking the fuck out and leaving everyone confused. Those were the good days.

No comments: